- Division: Crescent Midstream, LLC
- Work Location: Raceland, LA
- Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The duties of this position are to work in the electrical/instrumentation/communications field dealing with Programmable Logic Computers (PLC), Flow Computers, Radio Communication, Satellite Communications, Electrical Motors, and Field Instrumentation. This position’s responsibilities include specification, installation, testing, and repair of all types of electrical and electronic equipment used in the operation of pipelines. The technician will work with the Operations Control Center during communication outages or other SCADA issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Install and maintain Radio and Satellite communication.
- Become efficient in working with PLC and Flow Computers.
- Install maintain and calibrate field control and instrument devices.
- Understand how to trouble shoot data being monitored at the Control Center.
- Install and Maintain 120 Volt and 480 volt power distribution.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain electric motors.
- Monitor high voltage maintenance work for Crescent.
- Complete and archive company required documentation on jobs.
- Oversee work performed by Electrical Contractors.
- Have ability to read and update company electrical drawings.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and Visio.
Education and Basic Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent; college and/or technical degree preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening.
- Must be able to successfully complete Haz-Mat training, safety awareness training and any other related required training and certifications.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of SCADA Communication standards and PHMSA requirements as they relate to calibration of electronic pipeline safety devices and state and federal laws.
- Proven HSSE track record.
- Strong knowledge of Pipeline operating and regulatory requirements with a minimum of three years related experience. Previous Operator Qualification Certification preferred.
Crescent Midstream is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by State, Federal or Local law.