- Position: Measurement Technician
- Division: Crescent Midstream, LLC
- Work Location: Gray, LA
- Reports To: Operations Supervisor
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
This position is part of an Operations Team that operates pipeline and associated facilities as directed; providing controlled delivery of crude in accordance with Company procedures and safety requirements to protect the integrity of the pipeline, the environment, and people. Responsible for a variety of tasks involved in gathering measuremen ticket information, troubleshooting, testing, maintaining calibration certificates, installing, repairing, and operating measurement equipment for product movement. This position ensures the integrity and reliability of all measurement recording and control systems and maintenance of measurement testing facilities in compliance with API Standards, Company Measurement policy, any O&M procedures and applicable DOT regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Test, calibrate, operate, maintain, and inspect all associated measurement equipment for pipelines within area of responsibility which includes:
- Become familiar with the internal workings of a meter and sampling system.
- Witness meter proving’s and log results.
- Gauge tanks; pull meter tickets and legible record all information.
- Ensure all measurement equipment and testing equipment has current calibration certifications.
- Collect product samples and accurately run tests for gravity and BS&W.
- Accurately enter measurement tickets into Pipe X ticket writer program, retaining electronic copies for distribution and storage.
- Be Crescent’s field representative and act in a professional manner.
- High School or equivalent education.
- Qualified Operator Qualification Certification.
- Strong knowledge of Pipeline operating and regulatory requirements.
- Be available on the first of every month even if Holiday or time off is scheduled.
- Basic math skills and excel worksheets experience.
- Capable of performing duties independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team member.
- Proven HSSE track record.
- Successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening tests.
- Valid Driver’s License required.