- Position: Pipeline Operator
- Division: Crescent Louisiana Midstream, LLC
- Work Location: Raceland, LA
- Reports To: Operations Supervisor
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
This position is a part of the Operations Team that operates pipeline and associated facilities as directed; providing controlled delivery of crude in accordance with Company procedures and safety requirements to protect the integrity of the pipeline, the environment and people. Responsibilities encompass all activities of pipeline field operations including but not limited to utility marking, line riding, gauging tanks, proving meters, station inspections, preventative maintenance, and minor equipment repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for monitoring and inspecting all operational equipment within physical area of responsibility.
- Inspection of above ground storage tanks.
- Review and process DOT and regulatory inspections and reports as required.
- Reads and interprets computer generated 'one-call' notices, maps, and drawings. Utility marking and line riding.
- Working knowledge of applicable CFR regulations, PHMSA and API's recommended Public Awareness Guidelines.
- Operates pipeline locators and marks location of pipelines. Works with Company and contract personnel to ensure pipeline is not damaged during construction around pipeline. Oversee construction as required.
- Work with a wide variety of tools and equipment including but not limited to pumps, mixers, hydrometers, centrifuges, temperature and H2S monitors, line locators, fire extinguishers and scrapers as required.
- Compile all reports and notifications as required; develops internal and external communication material as required.
- On call for emergency call out work as required.
- Contributes to decisions made in the team; puts forward alternative solutions.
- Build working relationship with the community, emergency contacts, local officials, and contractors
Education and Basic Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening.
- Must be able to successfully complete Haz-Mat training, safety awareness training and any other related required training and certifications.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to work effectively as a team member
- Proven HSSE track record
- Strong knowledge of Pipeline operating and regulatory requirements with a minimum of three years related experience. Previous Operator Qualification Certification preferred.
Crescent Midstream is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by State, Federal or Local law.